ProScan What's New
Version 12.1 Newest Version 03/23/17
- Fixed - Web Server Metadata Delay setting was changing the Delay on all Web Browser instances.
- Fixed - Recorder wasn't working on Fire Tone-Out.
- Fixed - Trunking Frequencies not saving Color Code on MotoTRBO systems.
- Fixed - TGIDs wasn't logging in Custom Search mode.
- Added - Recorder 48K Samples Per Second option.
- Fixed- BCD996T & BCT15 Couldn't view or add channels.
- Fixed- Exporting trunking freqs showed 0000.00000.
- Added - Quick Replace values in the database grids.
- Improved - Google Maps now editable and can update the database from within Google Maps.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor Trunking Frequencies and Talk Groups were not showing in the grid in some cases.
- Added - BCD436HP and BCD536HP Favorites Editor. Beta Test.
- Fixed - NAC Code wasn't showing in the channel grid when scanner type set to BCD396XT and BCD996XT.
- Fixed - C-CH Output wasn't working on P25 systems.
- Added - Mute Button option for the BCD536HP. Located in the Options -> Scanner Specific tab.
- Fixed - BCDx3HP scanners signal bars for the System Status, RF Power Plot, and Close Call functions wasn't showing correctly.
- Fixed - Web Server - Edge and IE browsers cosmetic problem.
- Fixed - Uploading systems or channel could fail in certain conditions on the XP series scanners.
- Added - BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 DMR / MotoTRBO Database and History Logging support.
- Added - Database - Import Sentinel hpd (Favorites) & hpe files.
- Added - Database - Export Sentinel hpe files.
- Fixed - History Logging - Copy Selected Rows button click would show an error if scanner type set to BCDx36HP.
- Fixed - Database - Copy & Paste thousand of channels was slow.
- Added - Database - Systems tree right click menu.
- Added - Database - Upload or Download selected channels by right clicking on the system tree.
- Added - BCD536HP and BCD436HP Option to display trunking system names. Located in the Options -> Scanner Specific tab.
- Changed - RSOIP - Client Auto Reconnect now will keep trying to reconnect if server is turned off normally.
- Improved - Database - Systems Tree Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste nodes across ProScan instances.
- Fixed - Google Maps internal Web Browser wasn't showing Range Rings.
- Added - Separate Broadcast Lockout files for the Source Client and Web Server features.
- Added - Web Server Update Interval option on the Web Page.
- Added - Web Server Metadata Delay option on the Web Page.
- Added - RSSI Logging option to show values from the PWR command or S-Meter.
- Added - Color Options - Now with more colors.
- Added - Source Client and Web Server Metadata now has a 'Remove From Metadata' text option.
- Fixed - Source Client Auto Reconnect wasn't always working.
- Fixed - Web Server - Using built in HTML5 Audio Player was causing erroneous Client Connections grid entries.
- Fixed - BCD536HP WiFi audio automatic restart wasn't working.
- Fixed - Database - Find Duplicates wasn't working correctly.
- Added - 'Get Clipboard' feature for the Non DMA scanners.
- Added - An option 'Wait for Internet Connection' when the program starts if the Source Client, Web Server, or RSOIP is set to automatically start.
- Fixed - Source Client 'Auto Connect' wasn't always automatically reconnecting.
- Fixed - Database Copy & Paste was causing right side channel grid to go out of sync with the left side channels.
- Fixed - Utilities menu in the DMA Database inadvertently disappeared in version 11.0.
- Added - 'Get Clipboard' feature replacing the old Clipboard Import.
- Added - Option for not showing the Mute Icon and Tune Control on front panel.
- Fixed - BCD325P2 Close Call Bands uploading wasn't working right.
- Fixed - Function / Scroll knob counter clock wise direction not working on several types of scanners.
- Added - Hold button on the Display Only & Display Only (Borderless) view types.
- Changed - Reverted back to Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0. 4.0 wasn't working correctly on Win XP SP3 and Win 8.1.
- Fixed - Web Browser not showing the display in correct position and the Volume, Squelch, Scroll buttons was not shown correctly.
- Fixed - Fire Tone-Out logging not showing channel name and tones ending in 0.0 not shown correctly.
- Fixed - BCD536HP using Wi-Fi and if the scanner is powered off then the ProScan GUI may not respond for several seconds.
- Added - Fire Tone Out logging on supported scanners.
- Added - Frequency Display box on all scanner types. Before just the x36HP scanners had the frequency display.
- Added - DMR Logging with slot number appended to frequency and color codes appearing in the tone column. Uniden paid upgrade required for DMR reception. Applies to the BCDx36HP scanners.
- Added - Web Server Volume, Squelch, and Scroll buttons shown in scanner control mode.
- Changed - Now using the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0. Before was using .Net Framework 2.0. Should be transparent to the operator.
- Fixed - Always On Top view option wasn't working with the Display Only (Detached Window) view type.
- Fixed - If the Windows Title Bars and/or Menu font setting was higher then 9 points, Scanner Only, Display Only, and Display Only (Detached Window) view types was cutoff at the bottom.
- Testing - DMR History Logging - Slot appended to Frequency and Color Codes appears in the Tone
- column. BCDx36HP scanners paid upgrade required for DMR reception.
- Changed - History and UID Logging Hit Counters now starts at 1. Before started at 0.
- Fixed - Starting ProScan would show an error exemption and shut down in a few cases.
- Fixed - BC780XLT and BC250D - Resume Scan / Search function.
- Added - DMA Database - Treeview Multiselect nodes capability for Drag & Drop, Copy & Paste, Deleting multiple rows, and Updating text tags.
- Added - History, UID, and Recording Logging - Sort columns with secondary sort based on previous column sorted.
- Added - Show Passwords In The Clear option - Source Client, Web Server, and RSOIP. Option located in the General Options tab.
- Added - History Logging - System Type and Digital Type columns when BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanner type selected.
- Added - BCD436HP & BCD536HP - Direct Frequency Input, Jump, & Number Tag dialog box.
- Added - Resume Scan / Search after predetermined amount of time.
- Changed - DMA Database - Uploading options - Option two recommended, changed from option one previously recommended.
- Added - Web Server - Option to always serve the Stream Description box or only serve when logged in with the audio stream password.
- Fixed - History and Recording Logging - LTR Talk Groups wasn't sorting correctly.
- Added - %H Custom Formatter 24 hour format.
- Added - Web Server - Clear Serve Folder Location button.
- Changed - Web Server Password Logic. See the ProScan Manual "Web Server Password Logic" section for an explanation.
- Fixed - Web Server HTML Audio Player wasn't working if audio stream password protected.
- Fixed - BCD996P2 - Uploading Close Call Settings in the Configuration tab wasn't working.
- Fixed - Web Server - Web Page wasn't updating automatically and display was wrong position on the following scanners: BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, and BC796D scanners.
- Added - Web Server - Virtual Display knobs rotate by touch on touch screen enabled devices.
- Added - Web Server - HTML5 audio player on web page.
- Changed - UID Logging copy to UID Lookup file will look for a site match if Allow Duplicates option is unchecked.
- Fixed - Web Server - Virtual Scanner on iPhone Web Page was shown over the tables hiding part of the tables.
- Fixed - Logging to History Log.txt file wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Recording file names containing commas wasn't playing back.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP scanners - Logging conventional channels showed Department - Department instead of System - Department.
- Fixed - Mute button wasn't working with the BCD536HP WiFi audio.
- Fixed - Database (DMA) - Dragging channels on the left side tree was changing the grid column order.
- Fixed - Problem introduced in version 8.9 when installing ProScan on another drive except C, all program generated data would write to files on the C drive.
- Fixed - Web Server media player audio would stutter with higher mp3 bitrates.
- Changed - UID Columns in History and UID Logging changed from right justified to left justified.
- Added - UID Lookup file Site Name wildcards * and ?.
- Added - UID Logging - Talk Group ID column.
- Added - Option to turn off checking computer font setting upon program start.
- Added - Custom Specifier "%U2 = UID After Lookup".
- Changed - Custom Specifier "%U = UID" changed to "%U1 = UID Before Lookup".
- Changed - Editing UID Logging After Lookup column disables new rows until after editing.
- Fixed - UID Logging - Copy / Move Selected Rows to UID Lookup wasn't updating the "LOGTEXT=" field with the UID After Lookup column.
- Added - UID Logging grid.
- Added - Audio - Mp3 Bitrates of 56, 64, 80, 96.
- Added - Broadcast Lockout file for the Web Server & Source Client now can specify system for TGID lookup.
- Added - Button to view the application and data folder located in the Test & Extras tab.
- Fixed - BCDx36Hp Virtual Display - PRI wasn't showing when scanner in Priority Scan mode.
- Fixed - Web Server - Safari browser was unable to log in for Remote Control.
- Fixed - When the Virtual Scanner Detached Window was showing and program minimized, the Detached Window was minimizing.
- Monitoring - Memory leak fixed.
- Fixed - Audio - Samples Per Second wasn't saving to config file.
- Fixed - Logging - UID Logging wasn't sorting correctly.
- Added - Source Client - SHOUTcast v2 support multiple streams.
- Monitoring - Memory leak fixed.
- Fixed - Serial Port - Win 10 broke the serial port in some cases.
- Fixed - RSOIP Server - BCD536HP WiFi audio now works with the G729 format.
- Added - Resampling of mp3 audio. Required for streaming to Broadcastify. WiFi audio will resample 8000 -> 22050 Samples Per Second.
- Testing - Memory leak - Recorder and/or RSOIP Client suspect.
- Testing - RSOIP Client stability.
- Testing - UID logging - all scanners supported.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client disconnects should be less frequent now.
- Improved - BCD536HP - Changed Audio Gain 20 dB option to 15 dB.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi audio wasn't automatically reconnecting.
- Fixed - Serial Port Auto Detect could hang program depending on type of serial port driver installed.
- Fixed - XT Series Scanners - UID's logging was truncated to the 7th digit.
- Fixed - Web Server - If the Audio Stream is password protected then the media player wouldn't play unless the URL was entered in the media player.
- Fixed - Source Client not connecting to SHOUTcast servers.
- Added - BCDx36HP scanners - GSI protocol command which allows commas in text tags.
- Added - BCD536HP - Audio Gain 20 dB option. Needed due to the Wi-Fi low audio level.
- Improved - Converted the Manual / Help file to .pdf format.
- Fixed - BCD546HP and BCD436HP - UID Text Tags wasn't working.
- Fixed - P25 Band Plan wasn't downloading from the scanner.
- Fixed - Labels and controls out of alignment.
- Fixed - Program hang when closing due to a combination of factors with the Windows API, serial port, & driver.
- Improved - BCD536HP - Now the audio can be received from multiple BCD536HP WiFi dongles on same computer.
- Fixed - Scanner Only (Detached Window)- Mouse knob wasn't moving the virtual scanner knobs.
- Fixed - BCD536HP - URL Audio stability.
- Added - BCD536HP - WiFi remote control.
- Fixed - Database - Channels may upload to scanner after a Copy & Paste.
- Added - BCD536HP - Input Sound Device URL choice for receiving audio from scanner.
- Improved - DMA Database - Treeview larger and resizable.
- Fixed - RSOIP - Published Servers.
- Fixed - Database - BCD996XT and BCD996P2 Scanners - Record option not showing in General Search Options and Weather / FIPS tabs.
- Fixed - BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 scanner support.
- Added - BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 scanner support.
- Added - Web Server - When serving Folders & Files, the file names are now sorted in alphabetical order within the program. Before, the file names came as is from the OS.
- Fixed - If the detachable window displayed when closing then an error pops up.
- Fixed - UID lookup file wasn't working.
- Fixed - Recorder - RSOIP Client mode not recording if Samples Per Second set at 44100 and Format set at mp3.
- Added - BCD536HP without database.
- Changed - Serial Port changed from the MS .Net Framework type to a custom type.
- Added - View - Scanner Only (Detached Window).
- Fixed - Web Server - Virtual Scanner wasn't rendering correctly on any Web Browsers if ProScan was minimized or behind another window.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP Server - Client Download and Upload broke.
- Added - Serial Port Auto Detects ports and scanners connected.
- Added - Performance graphs located In the Tools menu and the Test tab.
- Fixed - UID logging for the BCD536HP was showing erroneous characters.
- Fixed - Graphics memory leak.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Server wasn't detecting Client lost connections.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client Auto Restart.
- Added - Web Server - Folders & Files now will always serve if password box blank.
- Fixed - Audio Mute button wasn't showing.
- Fixed - Logging - UID column wasn't showing after switching scanner types.
- Fixed - Logging - UID wasn't being detected from the scanner.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Display wasn't aligned correctly when view type set as Scanner Only and Display Only.
- Fixed - DMA Scanners - Direct Frequency input wasn't setting correct modulation type of the frequency band.
- Added - Audio Loopback retain setting when program loads.
- Added - Modulation Format specifier.
- Added - BCD536HP without database.
- Improved - Web Server with log-in levels and improved virtual scanner. Recommend Chrome browser.
- Fixed - Uploading database to scanner speed slowed down in version 6.9.
- Added - Start Up Options - Added options for auto starting the Source Client, Web Server, and Scanner Over IP when program loads.
- Added - Source Client - Broadcastify My Feed button. Click to see your feed details on the Broadcastify web site.
- Improved - Changed the RS-232 Serial Port .Net framework control as it was causing high CPU cycles for a few users.
- Improved - Audio meters changed from peak to RMS average values.
- Fixed - DMA Database - Sort wasn't working if individual system was selected.
- Fixed - Recorder Options - Prepend buffer setting needed ProScan restart to take affect.
- Fixed - Web Server - If a "#" character was in the file name then file wouldn't server.
- Fixed - Intermittent lockups and/or high CPU usage.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series Scanners - Importing LTR systems wasn't importing the frequencies.
- Fixed - Non DMA scanners - Text Tag Line 1 wasn't showing in the History log.
- Fixed - Google Maps - Stopped working.
- Added - BC346XTC scanner support.
- Added - Database - XT Series scanners - HTML & CSV export / print now with a Numeric Tag section.
- Added - Option "Scanner Data To File". Logs all data from scanner to a file.
- Added - Performance graphs showing CPU utilization and memory consumption.
- Improved - Logging & Recorder - Improved grid performance.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client connecting reliability.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client Auto Start reliability.
- Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "New Entries Auto Sort" wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "Logging Grid Auto Delete" was deleting data when computer Region set to other countries date formats.
- Fixed - Non-DMA Database - Sort, Find Duplicates, and Update Text Tags wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Check for Updates was producing an error.
- Fixed - CPU Usage was high.
- Added - DMA Database - P25 Band Plan.
- Added - Non-DMA Database - Sort channels, scan, search, and the trunking grids.
- Fixed - DMA Database - Uploading configuration was clearing the trunking channels lockout flag.
- Added - DMA Database - Trunking system selection box for changing the system type.
- Added - Logging - UID Lookup file now can specify system.
- Improved - Database - Find & Replace reworked with more options added. Find & Replace also works with the Logging and Recorder.
- Improved - Database - Find Duplicates reworked with more options added.
- Fixed - Source Client - Current Listeners count.
- Fixed - Fixed - DMA Database - Lockout grids had various problems.
- Added - Web Server - Notch filter for filtering out the 50/60 Hz AC hum or any undesired frequency. The Notch Filter button is located in the Audio Control - Audio tab.
- Added - Database - Now can Paste multiple times without clicking the Copy button every time.
- Added - Database - Sorting function now can sort individual systems and sort at the system, group, or channel levels.
- Added - Database - DMA Scanners - Before uploading data to the scanner, a message will appear if a potential scanner memory limitation issue.
- Added - XT Series Scanners - Option to turn off the C-CH Output when ProScan starts communications with the scanner.
- Changed - Improved the Spectrum Analyzer display and performance.
- Fixed - Recorder - The option "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries" only deleting the grid entries and not the files.
- Fixed - Database - Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste between ProScan instances.
- Fixed - Database - Importing P25 systems/sites from another ProScan database file wasn't setting the system type correctly.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series Scanners - Default Band Coverage wasn't showing all bands.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series P25 Scanners - RadioReference import wasn't showing the option "Import Control Channels Only" for P25 systems.
- Fixed - Database - BCT15X - Close Call Settings VHF High 1 and VHF High 2 wasn't showing.
- Fixed - Fixed - Recorder - When a recording reached the "Maximum Recording Time" option, a new recording wasn't started.
- Fixed - Fixed - Recorder - Remote Scanner Over IP in client mode garbled audio.
- Added - Scanner Over IP Server published servers can include the Country, State / Provice, & County / Region.
- Fixed - Web Server - Non DMA scanners virtual keyboard numeric keys wasn't working on the web page.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP Server not allowing clients to connect in some cases depending on the computer region settings.
- Fixed - Frequency Tune direct entry and band Scope "Tune Scanner To Marker" button was changing the Close Call Settings.
- Added - Web Server - Web Browser Remote Control.
- Added - Web Server - Now any media player can play a password protected audio stream. Click the "Listen Live" link and a password prompt will appear.
- Added - Web Server - Now the stream name can be changed which is part of the URL.
- Changed - Web Server - Improved the appearance of the Web Server pages.
- Fixed - Crash when minimizing to the Notification area.
- A series of test files for improving the Web Server feature.
- Changed - Web Server - Stream name changed to stream to make it compatible with mobile apps.
- Added - Web Server - Web page automatic update interval option. Updates parameter page, current listeners, peak listeners, and client connections(administration page).
- Added - Web Server - User customization of the web server page by editing the style.css file.
- Added - Web Server - Administrator password & administration page. At the moment, only shows the client connections.
- Added - Web Server - Better looking HTTP error messages.
- Fixed - Web Server - Burst buffer was causing some media players not to connect intermittently.
- Fixed - BCT15X - Service Search - Military was missing from the Jump button.
- Added - Web Server - Web page link showing a list of parameters that can be retrived by external programs.
- Added - Web server - Display metadata in RealPlayer using a workaround due to a RealPlayer bug.
- Added - Web Server - Burst buffer for eliminating buffering when media players start to playback.
- Added - SOIP Client - Published servers list save sort order when closing program.
- Changed - Database - Menu items were grayed out when the database was not opened. Now a message to open or create a new database.
- Fixed - Web Server - Only one player could connect at a time.
- Fixed - SOIP Server - Start button may stay grayed out after starting.
- Added - Remote Scanner Over IP Option - Don't Prompt "Clients Connected" Message When Stopping The Scanner Over IP Server.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client & Sever side connection problems that got in during 5.3.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client side memory leak that got in during 5.3.
- A series of test files to fix the Remote Scanner Over IP problems.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - Client side produced an audio lag.
- Added - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client now can record mp3 format.
- Added - Logging - UID now shows the text tag alias. Prepend the TGID name with "%".
- Fixed - Recorder - Prepend buffer produced noise when recording wav format.
- Added - Recording Options - Recording prepend buffer from .5 to 5 seconds insures won't miss the beginning of audio.
- Added - Logging Options - "New Entries Auto Sort".
- Added - Recording Options - "New Entries Auto Sort".
- Added - Startup Options - "Remember Last Sort Order Logging & Recording Grids".
- Changed - Options - Rearranged options in tabs accordingly to catagory.
- Fixed - Recorder - When using a date specifier for the folder, a new recording wasn't created for a new date.
- Fixed - Recorder - When playback a recording and recorder attempts to record to that recording, the recorder would turn off.
- Added - Source Client & Web Server - Broadcast Lock Out Indicator.
- Added - Web Server - Password protect audio stream option.
- Added - Audio Scope - Large size audio scope.
- Added - Audio Scope - Added mode to turn off scopes with a double click.
- Changed - Source Client - Stream to RadioReference now can change the stream name.
- Changed - Source Client - Current listeners wasn't showing with Shoutcast version 2 servers.
- Fixed - Recorder - Option Lookup Record Flag From database wasn't working.
- Added - Google Maps and Lookup with many options. Accessed in the Tools menu or the database Location Lookup.
- Added - FCC Callsign Lookup on the RadioReference site. Accessed in the Tools menu.
- Added - Audio scopes. Double click to change mode.
- Changed - Reworked the tone logging and recordings with an option "Use Tone For Frequency/Tone Matching".
- Changed - Web Server password protect folders and file will now not allow the media player to play streaming audio.
- Fixed - Non DMA Database - Importing tone from history grid to database wasn't working.
- Added - RadioReference Database Import - Nationwide Systems.
- Fixed - Date region setting set to Day/Month/Year would cause an error. Broke in 4.5.
- Added - DMA scanner database sort by frequencies and talk group IDs.
- Added - Logging Options - "Use Tone For Matching And Hits".
- Added - Recorder Options - "Use Tone For Matching".
- Added - Logging and Recorder Options - "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries".
- Added - Recorder VOX Mode - Now shows the frequencies, talk group id's, and text tags.
- Changed - Recorder - File duplicates renamed xyz #1.wav, xyz #2.wav, etc...
- Fixed - Non DMA Scanners - Metadata custom formatter %L1 wasn't working.
- Fixed - Logging - Tone was showing in the next entry.
- Fixed - DMA Scanners - Downloading the database locations info wasn't working.
- Fixed - Clicking on the Caption Icon box in the options would cause an error.
- Fixed - Win 7 64 Bit installing in the " \Program Files (x86)" folder wouldn't load.
- Fixed - Last Call Highlight in the Logging tab disappeared as soon as the scanner resumed scanning.
- Added - Selectable Title / Caption icon.
- Added - Audio control test tab with tone and loopback options for testing.
- Added - Source Client and Web Server many improvements.
- Added - Web Server - Added Client Connections grid showing the connected media players.
- Added - Web Server - Enter in "?" after URL shows various parameters.
- Fixed - RadioReference import broke.
- Fixed - UID wasn't showing correctly in the History log.
- Fixed - BCD396XT and BCD996XT Close Call Settings added VHF High 2.
- Fixed - Non DMA scanners - RadioReference importing LTR TGID's wasn't in correct format.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Published Servers List stopped working because my host disabled a script due to high load on the server.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Trunking Frequencies didn't show the dot in the Treeview.
- Added - More Custom Formatters used with the Custom Caption and the Recording Folders / Filenames.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Downloading configuration bug in 4.4.5.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Treeview performance issues.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Copy & Paste / Drag & Drop database nodes to other ProScan Instances.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Improved the Tree View navigation and keyboard responsiveness.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Rewrote the ProScan DMA to DMA import routine as there were a few problems.
- Fixed - Recorder - Audio is clipped at the beginning of the recording.
- Fixed - Audio - Memory leak on the audio capture side.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - If the server side computer regional settings date is set to DD/MM/YY format and the "Max Client Connect" days set to other then 1, clients will disconnect.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - HTML Report renamed Export / Print.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Export / Print database systems now includes all parameters.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Export the database to CSV (comma delimited) files.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Selection box for changing the site and system (single site scanners) types.
- Added - Added - Startup detect Control Channel Data On and turn off.
- Changed - Logging- Date now shows Month/Day/Year or Day/Month/Year depending on the computer regional settings.
- Fixed - Program may crash if the option "Minimize To The Notification Area" is set.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - Number Tag and Jump not working remotely.