ProScan What's New
Version 17.9 Newest Version 10/19/21
- Added - Favorites Editor - Now can change the system type.
- Added - Web Server - User supplied, and self-signing SSL certificate in addition to the Let's Encrypt certificate already implemented.
- Changed - Recordings Auto Delete option changed to separate Days and Hours selection boxes.
- Fixed - Web Server - ProScan was crashing when using the Web Server under certain conditions.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor - Radio Reference DB Import function wasn't importing the P25 NAC at the site level.
- Fixed - Changing the Alert Color based on Service Type in the Find & Replace dialog wasn't working on trunking channels.
- Fixed - BCD536HP and SDS200 - The Ethernet connection on the data side broke in 17.7 under a certain condition.
- Added - Sort the grid columns in the Database and Favorites Editor by right clicking the column headers.
- Added - Locations in the Database and Favorites Editor now shows both the DEG (Decimal Degrees) and DMS (Degrees Minutes Seconds) text boxes and automatically converts DEG from/to DMS.
- Added - When using the Alert Colors for the display background, now can set the shades of Alert Colors.
- Fixed - Locations circle and rectangles data was disappearing in the Favorites Editor if switching from/to rectangles & circles.
- Fixed - Changing the Alert Color based on Service Type in the Find & Replace dialog wasn't working.
- Fixed - Recorder - 'Lookup Record Flag From Database' wasn't working with UIDs.
- Fixed - Number Tag Tune wasn't working correctly.
- Added - Web Server secure (https) support with a 'Get a Let's Encrypt Certificate' function.
- Added - Favorites Editor - Write option 'Turn On Favorites List Quick Keys Used In The Selected Favorites'.
- Added - BCD536HP & SDS200 LAN - Option "Show Popup Message if Detected Loss of LAN Audio After 30 Seconds". Option to turn on & off located in the URL Setup dialog window.
- Added - BCD536HP & SDS200 LAN - Option "Restart Scanner Upon Loss of LAN Audio After 5 Minutes". Option located in the URL Setup dialog window.
- Fixed - BCD536HP & SDS200 LAN - Latency increased over time when using the Loopback function.
- Fixed - Favorites Quick Keys status check boxes were all turning on after writing to the scanner.
- Added - Option "Turn On Service Types Used In The Selected Favorites". Located in the write favorites to scanner window.
- Changed - UID Logging grid column UID After Lookup (Editable) automatically updates the UID Lookup file UID LOGTEXT field.
- Changed - Event Viewer button changed to Generate Bug Report that generates more debug info.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor wasn't showing the Audio Type channel parameter on Motorola systems.
- Fixed - Favorites Quick Keys were turned off after writing to the scanner.
- Fixed - Stability issue caused by a suspected Windows Update.
- Added - Recordings readable with the Universal Scanner Audio Player app.
- Changed - Recording active row text from White to Black for higher contrast.
- Fixed - Display Only (Borderless) wasn't showing correctly.
- Added - Custom Formatter %SI-Site Name to the BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanner types.
- Added - UID Logging Frequency column.
- Added - Option to reset the logging Hit Counters (History, UID, & FTO) at midnight.
- Changed - Frequency input box changed to a combo box so the last 10 frequencies entered are remembered.
- Changed - Display font selection box in the options now shows only the monospaced fonts.
- Changed - ProScan now targets the .NET Framework 4.8. Runs on Win 7 SP1 and above.
- Fixed - Close Calls were not always logging due to a firmware issue.
- Fixed - Editing the Recorder Notes & Save columns were not retained when a new recording started.
- Fixed - Importing from the Sentinel Database wasn't showing all the parameters correctly.
- Fixed - SDSx00 scanners - Wasn't logging the UIDs on conventional P25 systems. Display needs to be in Detail mode.
- Added - Logging & Recording grids - Right click copies the selected rows to the Win Clipboard.
- Added - Web Server - Server Mute button on the web page to indicate and control the server side mute icon.
- Changed - Reset Hit Counter button now resets all the grid entries and not just the new entries.
- Improved - Sessions Manager all around.
- Added - RRDB Import - Import Only Control Channels option.
- Added - Option for setting the default tree expand level when opening a database or reading from the scanner.
- Added - Check All button to the System and Dept/Site Quick Key Status tabs.
- Added - UID Logging - System/Site-Group-Channel column.
- Added - Maximum Recording Time option - Added 1, 2, 3, & 4 minutes.
- Fixed - DMA digital scanners - One digit NAC's wasn't being shown in the History logging.
- Fixed - DMA scanners - 8 digit TGID's were not logging.
- Fixed - Bandscope wasn't appearing when the Scanner Type was set to BCD996T, BCT15, & BCD396T scanners.
- Changed - RSOIP Published Servers list now auto updates each minute.
- Fixed - RRDB Import wasn't always importing location data on conventional systems.
- Fixed - Dragging database nodes was acting sluggish. Broke in ver. 16.6.
- Added - Favorites Editor - Added Record parameter to the UID Channels.
- Added - Shortcuts to the Database file & operations menus.
- Added - Timer indicator on the Favorites Read & Write scanner dialog for when executing the MSM command.
- Improved - Database sort time decreased.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor - System & Channel Record parameter wasn't retained after reading from the scanner.
- Fixed - BCD436HP & UBCD3600XLT - Hold button on the Display Only view wasn't working.
- Fixed - RSOIP Client - Recorder would turn off intermittently.
- Fixed - History & UID Logging Hit Counters wasn't working if the System Name contained a comma.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor - During a Scanner Read or Write operation, a prompt would appear indicating that a Favorite has changed when it hadn't.
- Fixed - History Grid wasn't updating the frequency column when the frequency changed on the same transmission.
- Fixed - Memory leak.
- Added - Favorites Scanner Read and Scanner Write options "Copy & Replace" and "Copy With New Name" if scanner and ProScan data mismatch.
- Added - Favorites MRU (Most Recently Used) to the File menu.
- Added - Logging and Recorder - Copy the grid contents to a file function.
- Fixed - Find & Replace was missing the conventional channels Audio Option.
- Fixed - Recorder option "Delete < 2 Seconds Recording Entries From Grid And File" wasn't working in VOX mode.
- Added - Recorder support for network drives.
- Added - Web Server - Web page Audio Player status indicator.
- Fixed - Win 7 & Vista couldn't activate license.
- Fixed - Recordings were disappearing under a certain condition.
- Fixed - Recorder wasn't working correctly under a certain condition.
- Fixed - SDS200 FTP Scanner Read & FTP Scanner Write functions may show an error when trying to log in. Broke in version 16.1.
- Fixed - UID Lookup file wasn't working right. Broke in version 16.1.
- Fixed - When the virtual scanner knobs are selected, and ProScan loses focus and then regains focus, the knobs are no longer selected.
- Added - Favorites - Centering text tags option based on display length.
- Added - RadioReference Import dialog - Buttons for checking and unchecking site and talk group nodes.
- Changed - RSOIP removed g729 audio codec.
- Fixed - Audio MP3 encoding was producing intermittent corruption on recordings & streaming when using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi & SDS200 LAN as the audio source.
- Fixed - Copying UID Logging to the Favorites list wasn't working right.
- Fixed - Favorites - Find & Replace was missing UnitIDs.
- Fixed - Favorites - Rebanded systems wasn't importing correctly from the RRDB.
- Added - Favorites Editor now supports importing from the Sentinel (HPDB) database. Right Click to append to Favorites list.
- Improved - Web Server - Removed the Burst Buffer which decreases the latency by about 8 seconds.
- Fixed - Virtual display may not show when transmissions are received if the option Activity Display Back Color is set to None.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN audio most stable now.
- Added - Select Activity Display Back Color by Alert Color or Service Types.
- Added - Virtual Alert Light stays on during transmission.
- Added - Custom Formatters - Alert Light, Service Type, & Service Type Color.
- Added - Import RadioReference dialog now can stay open without closing for going back and forth to the ProScan database.
- Added - Recorder popup message if path & file exceeds OS limitation of 260 characters.
- Fixed - Importing from the RadioReference DB - Motorola systems with band plans wasn't calculating the upper frequencies.
- Fixed - Favorites location rectangles was disappearing under certain conditions.
- Fixed - The History, UID, & FTO logging may stop working after clicking the Delete All Rows button.
- Fixed - BCD996P2 & BCD325P2 scanners - NXDN RAN & Area codes wasn't importing from the RRDB.
- Fixed - Google Maps external browsers (Except Edge/IE) update nodes with new location and size.
- Fixed - UID Logging and FTP Logging broke in version 15.5.
- Added - BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners - Selectable Favorites when writing to the scanner.
- Added - BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners - Web Server button on Web Page to reboot BCDx36HP and SDSx00 scanners when logged in as Super User.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners - The NAC's wasn't importing correctly from the RRDB when importing conventional P25 frequencies.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP & SDSx00 scanners - Favorites Editor - Not all system parameters was showing in the Systems Options grid.
- Fixed - Logging To "History Log.txt" File wasn't logging start time & duration correctly.
- Fixed - RSOIP Published Servers list was missing a few states & provinces.
- Fixed - Recorder Lookup Flag From Database wasn't working on conventional systems on DMA type scanners.
- Fixed - Audio MP3 encoding was producing intermittent audio corruption. Affected the Recorder, Web Server, Source Client, & RSOIP.
- Fixed - PowerShell Scripting was starting program with errors.
- Fixed - Source Client was intermittently disconnecting from the server when using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN.
- Added - Options to disable the logging grids.
- Improved - BCD536HP & SDS200 Audio Wi-Fi/LAN connection.
- Fixed - MP3 recordings was creating multiple rows when shouldn't and not recording audio under certain conditions.
- Fixed - Recorder options MP3 ID3v2 and WAV tags when off was writing the tags to the recording files.
- Fixed - Source Client Current Listeners stopped working when connected to Broadcastify.
- Fixed - Source Client wasn't auto connecting with the Auto Reconnect option on.
- Fixed - Set Scanner Clock (on supported models) was causing problems when used in the RSOIP Client mode.
- Fixed - Recorder cosmetic problem when clicking on the grid.
- Fixed - DMT Tier 3 wasn't importing LCN's correctly from the RRDB.
- Added - MP3 synchronized text tags and WAV text tags to the recording files.
- Added - SDS100E, SDS200E, & USDS100 support.
- Added - Favorite Name added to the Custom Formatters.
- Added - UID column to the Recorder grid.
- Fixed - Web Browser was intermittent refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed - SDS200 FTP Write was intermittent in some cases.
- Fixed - Scanner type set to SDS100 or SDS200 was causing program to appear locked up in some cases.
- Fixed - Trunking channels Priority parameter wasn't showing on DMA type scanners.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP Selective recordings wasn't working on conventional systems.
- Added - Right click menu items on Database tree and grid: Cut, Copy, Paste, Fill Down, & Fill Series.
- Added - NXDN Trunk & NXDN One-Freq Support for the BCD325P2 & BCD996P2.
- Fixed - Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Find Duplicates was missing Trunk UIDs.
- Added - SDS200 Favorites FTP Scanner Read & FTP Scanner Write.
- Added - Send MSM (Mass Storage Mode) Command To Scanner button on the Scanner Read & Scanner Write dialog window.
- Fixed - Month/Day Format option set to "dd/MM/yy" was causing multiple problems with the History and Recording grids.
- Changed - Database grids selected row now showing the whole row selected making it easier to see which row is being edited.
- Changed - Broadcast Lockout File - Now using the System Name for the BCDx36HP and SDS series scanners. Before was using the Site Name.
- Changed - BCDx36HP and SDS series scanners - Maximum text length on names changed to 64 characters.
- Fixed - SDS200 Volume and Squelch knobs wasn't going to maximum value.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP & SDSx00 - Lookup Record Flag From Database wasn't working. Added Record check boxes to the conventional frequencies and TGID grids.
- Added - Option to change the Month/Day to Day/Month format.
- Added - Option to show scroll bars on main tabs when some of the controls appear off screen.
- Fixed - Google Map - Address mapping stopped working.
- Fixed - Recording option - Delete < 2 Seconds Recording Entries wasn't deleting the file.
- Fixed - BCDx36 & SDS100 - Importing RadioReference DMR systems then writing to scanner was changing system type to P25.
- Fixed - DMA scanners - DMR One-Freq Trunk Systems wasn't importing from RadioReference.
- Fixed - Web Server - Web Page wasn't showing file modified date when serving files (recordings).
- Fixed - BCD436HP, UBCD3600XLT, & SDS100 - Big Knob double clicking wasn't working.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi audio streaming to Broadcastify/Icecast servers was intermittent.
- Fixed - Web Server problem with changing passwords and users still logged on with old passwords.
- Fixed - Memory leak with the mp3 encoding process causing crashes.
- Added - Web Server - Function button on the web page in case the browser or OS touch screen not responsive to double clicks.
- Added - Recorder Grid File Explorer buttons.
- Added - SDS100/SDS200 Favorites Editor - Filter Settings Sites & Departments (Conv. Systems).
- Added - Auto Detect IP Capable Scanners.
- Fixed - UBCD3600XLT support wasn't reading from scanner correctly.
- Fixed - A few users reported an activation issue with a message popup "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."
- Fixed - DMA digital scanners NAC two digit format wasn't being logged.
- Fixed - Web Server Serving Folders & Files wasn't responding if lots of Folders and Files in the Serve folder.
- Added - SDS100 display now supports back colors.
- Added - Added the "Modulation" attribute to MotoTRBO, DMR, and NXDN systems.
- Changed - BCD436HP layout like the SDS100.
- Changed - Import RadioReference option "Don't Import Encrypted Channels" now includes conventional and not just TGID channels.
- Fixed - SDS100 display cosmetic issues.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor(BCDx36HP, SDS100) wasn't importing ProScan files Conventional systems correctly.
- Added - SDS100 Support.
- Added - Web Server - HTML Head Title text box so the web browser tab or title area will show customized text.
- Changed - Web Server - Renamed the Title text box to Header.
- Fixed - BCDX36HP Favorites Editor wasn't center justifying text tags correctly.
- Fixed - BCDX36HP Favorites Editor Get Clipboard wasn't importing UID's correctly.
- Fixed - BCDX36HP Favorites Editor RRDB import incorrectly importing P25 Phase II systems as X2-TDMA.
- Fixed - Get Clipboard was importing text tags in upper case.
- Fixed - XT scanners Database wasn't exporting site frequencies.
- Fixed - Location Range in Favorites Editor wasn't allowing decimal point.
- Fixed - Importing Unit ID's from Clipboard to BCDX36HP wasn't working.
- Fixed - Importing from the RRDB - NXDN IDAS Type D TGID's wasn't formatted correctly.
- Fixed - Web Server intermittent exemptions (errors).
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi - Source Client streaming to Broadcastify / Icecast / Shoutcast servers will now stay connected if the Wi-Fi goes down or glitches.
- Added - BCDX36HP Favorites Editor message when finished reading & writing to the scanner.
- Added - BCDX36HP Favorites Editor 'Monitor' parameter.
- Added - History Import to BCDX36HP Favorites.
- Fixed - Importing from RRDB and clipboard NXDN RAN tones was importing as DCS tones on conventional frequencies.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP Favorites Editor - Department and Dept / Site Quick Key Status broke.
- Fixed - Importing from RadioReference NXDN system LCN's wasn't correct.
- Fixed - NXDN Conventional channels Audio Type now includes NEXEDGE & IDAS Area.
- Added - Web Server Metadata Delay option now delays the Display too so the audio and data appear in sync.
- Added - Recording Option - Recording Files When Deleted Send To Recycle Bin (100 times slower when checked).
- Added - BCD436HP & BCD536HP NXDN support.
- Fixed - Database Quick Key Status grid wasn't scrolling far enough to show all the systems.
- Fixed - Web Server - Server slow to respond when serving folders & files if thousands of files.
- Fixed - DMR One Frequency systems not importing correctly from the RRDB.
- Fixed - Web Server Status Log was displaying erroneous client disconnects.
- Fixed - Importing from RRDB rebanded systems not setting Band Plan.
- Fixed - Importing from RRDB option "Don't Import Encrypted TGID Channels" wasn't working.
- Added - Web Server browser now has a File Explorer showing files such as Recordings.
- Added - Update Scanner Clock upon start up and once a day option for the BCD436HP & BCD536HP.
- Fixed - RSOIP Published Servers Country field not looking up State/Province.
- Fixed - DMR Conventional Networked systems wasn't importing from RRDB as DMR One Frequency system type.
- Fixed - Google Maps not displaying Rectangles correctly for the BCDx36HP scanners.
- Fixed - Detached scanner window wasn't centering correctly.
- Added - Database Lockout Frequencies and Talk Groups now showing the counts.
- Added - Web Server - Option to Push the data to the Web Page verses the original Polling method for faster updates.
- Added - Find & Replace - Change Alert Color based on Service Type on BCDx36HP scanners.
- Fixed - RSOIP client audio stuttering and noise burst. Problem was introduced when the RSOIP Server streaming Wi-Fi audio was fixed.
- Fixed - Cursor flashing when the scanner not communicating with the ProScan.
- Added - BCD996P2 P25 Threshold located in the Database General Settings. Firmware minimum version required 1.07.09.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi icon wasn't showing on the display when signal level 1 or 2.
- Fixed - Resume Scan/Search With Lockout on didn't work right.
- Added - Windows Keyboard Shortcuts to all text boxes (Select All, Cut, Copy, Paste, Redo, Undo).
- Changed - Import Clipboard wasn't getting Unit ID's.
- Fixed - Find & Replace wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Sorting Talk Group ID's on EDACS system type.
- Fixed - RSOIP Client MP3 decoding wasn't good audio with the BCD536HP Wi-Fi.
- Fixed - Primary and secondary sort on History, Recording, UID, FTO grids.
- Added - Lockout and Temp Lockout added to the Resume Scan / Search function.
- Added - Mute all instances with a click of the Speaker Icon.
- Added - Mute selected instances using the Sessions Manager.
- Added - Metadata File Option to read all lines, 1st line, & last line.
- Changed - Notch Filter from 4000 to 6000 Hz maximum.
- Fixed - Source Client Stream Name text box wasn't showing when set to Broadcastify.
- Fixed - C-Ch Output wasn't showing P25 and DMR messages.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP Client intermittent mp3 audio break up.
- Fixed - Database FTO grid wasn't saving or uploading the Record column.
- Fixed - When Sorting the History, UID, FTO, & Recorder logging grids using two columns to sort, the previous column sort direction wasn't working.
- Fixed - MotoTRBO Frequencies LCN values was limiting the length to 2 digits. Now length can be up to 4 digits.
- Fixed - Find Duplicates database utility was causing program crashes.
- Fixed - Source Client intermittent disconnects.
- Fixed - Source Client Auto Reconnect wasn't working if connection was lost.
- Fixed - BCD536 Wi-Fi Audio Gain 15 db wasn't consistent on all four audio services (Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, & RSOIP).
- Added - Option "Activity Display Back Color". The display background color will change with scanner activity.
- Fixed - Web Server Metadata Delay setting was changing the Delay on all Web Browser instances.
- Fixed - Recorder wasn't working on Fire Tone-Out.
- Fixed - Trunking Frequencies not saving Color Code on MotoTRBO systems.
- Fixed - TGIDs wasn't logging in Custom Search mode.
- Added - Recorder 48K Samples Per Second option.
- Fixed- BCD996T & BCT15 Couldn't view or add channels.
- Fixed- Exporting trunking freqs showed 0000.00000.
- Added - Quick Replace values in the database grids.
- Improved - Google Maps now editable and can update the database from within Google Maps.
- Fixed - Favorites Editor Trunking Frequencies and Talk Groups were not showing in the grid in some cases.
- Added - BCD436HP and BCD536HP Favorites Editor. Beta Test.
- Fixed - NAC Code wasn't showing in the channel grid when scanner type set to BCD396XT and BCD996XT.
- Fixed - C-CH Output wasn't working on P25 systems.
- Added - Mute Button option for the BCD536HP. Located in the Options -> Scanner Specific tab.
- Fixed - BCDx3HP scanners signal bars for the System Status, RF Power Plot, and Close Call functions wasn't showing correctly.
- Fixed - Web Server - Edge and IE browsers cosmetic problem.
- Fixed - Uploading systems or channel could fail in certain conditions on the XP series scanners.
- Added - BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 DMR / MotoTRBO Database and History Logging support.
- Added - Database - Import Sentinel hpd (Favorites) & hpe files.
- Added - Database - Export Sentinel hpe files.
- Fixed - History Logging - Copy Selected Rows button click would show an error if scanner type set to BCDx36HP.
- Fixed - Database - Copy & Paste thousand of channels was slow.
- Added - Database - Systems tree right click menu.
- Added - Database - Upload or Download selected channels by right clicking on the system tree.
- Added - BCD536HP and BCD436HP Option to display trunking system names. Located in the Options -> Scanner Specific tab.
- Changed - RSOIP - Client Auto Reconnect now will keep trying to reconnect if server is turned off normally.
- Improved - Database - Systems Tree Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste nodes across ProScan instances.
- Fixed - Google Maps internal Web Browser wasn't showing Range Rings.
- Added - Separate Broadcast Lockout files for the Source Client and Web Server features.
- Added - Web Server Update Interval option on the Web Page.
- Added - Web Server Metadata Delay option on the Web Page.
- Added - RSSI Logging option to show values from the PWR command or S-Meter.
- Added - Color Options - Now with more colors.
- Added - Source Client and Web Server Metadata now has a 'Remove From Metadata' text option.
- Fixed - Source Client Auto Reconnect wasn't always working.
- Fixed - Web Server - Using built in HTML5 Audio Player was causing erroneous Client Connections grid entries.
- Fixed - BCD536HP WiFi audio automatic restart wasn't working.
- Fixed - Database - Find Duplicates wasn't working correctly.
- Added - 'Get Clipboard' feature for the Non DMA scanners.
- Added - An option 'Wait for Internet Connection' when the program starts if the Source Client, Web Server, or RSOIP is set to automatically start.
- Fixed - Source Client 'Auto Connect' wasn't always automatically reconnecting.
- Fixed - Database Copy & Paste was causing right side channel grid to go out of sync with the left side channels.
- Fixed - Utilities menu in the DMA Database inadvertently disappeared in version 11.0.
- Added - 'Get Clipboard' feature replacing the old Clipboard Import.
- Added - Option for not showing the Mute Icon and Tune Control on front panel.
- Fixed - BCD325P2 Close Call Bands uploading wasn't working right.
- Fixed - Function / Scroll knob counter clock wise direction not working on several types of scanners.
- Added - Hold button on the Display Only & Display Only (Borderless) view types.
- Changed - Reverted back to Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0. 4.0 wasn't working correctly on Win XP SP3 and Win 8.1.
- Fixed - Web Browser not showing the display in correct position and the Volume, Squelch, Scroll buttons was not shown correctly.
- Fixed - Fire Tone-Out logging not showing channel name and tones ending in 0.0 not shown correctly.
- Fixed - BCD536HP using Wi-Fi and if the scanner is powered off then the ProScan GUI may not respond for several seconds.
- Added - Fire Tone Out logging on supported scanners.
- Added - Frequency Display box on all scanner types. Before just the x36HP scanners had the frequency display.
- Added - DMR Logging with slot number appended to frequency and color codes appearing in the tone column. Uniden paid upgrade required for DMR reception. Applies to the BCDx36HP scanners.
- Added - Web Server Volume, Squelch, and Scroll buttons shown in scanner control mode.
- Changed - Now using the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0. Before was using .Net Framework 2.0. Should be transparent to the operator.
- Fixed - Always On Top view option wasn't working with the Display Only (Detached Window) view type.
- Fixed - If the Windows Title Bars and/or Menu font setting was higher then 9 points, Scanner Only, Display Only, and Display Only (Detached Window) view types was cutoff at the bottom.
- Testing - DMR History Logging - Slot appended to Frequency and Color Codes appears in the Tone
- column. BCDx36HP scanners paid upgrade required for DMR reception.
- Changed - History and UID Logging Hit Counters now starts at 1. Before started at 0.
- Fixed - Starting ProScan would show an error exemption and shut down in a few cases.
- Fixed - BC780XLT and BC250D - Resume Scan / Search function.
- Added - DMA Database - Treeview Multiselect nodes capability for Drag & Drop, Copy & Paste, Deleting multiple rows, and Updating text tags.
- Added - History, UID, and Recording Logging - Sort columns with secondary sort based on previous column sorted.
- Added - Show Passwords In The Clear option - Source Client, Web Server, and RSOIP. Option located in the General Options tab.
- Added - History Logging - System Type and Digital Type columns when BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanner type selected.
- Added - BCD436HP & BCD536HP - Direct Frequency Input, Jump, & Number Tag dialog box.
- Added - Resume Scan / Search after predetermined amount of time.
- Changed - DMA Database - Uploading options - Option two recommended, changed from option one previously recommended.
- Added - Web Server - Option to always serve the Stream Description box or only serve when logged in with the audio stream password.
- Fixed - History and Recording Logging - LTR Talk Groups wasn't sorting correctly.
- Added - %H Custom Formatter 24 hour format.
- Added - Web Server - Clear Serve Folder Location button.
- Changed - Web Server Password Logic. See the ProScan Manual "Web Server Password Logic" section for an explanation.
- Fixed - Web Server HTML Audio Player wasn't working if audio stream password protected.
- Fixed - BCD996P2 - Uploading Close Call Settings in the Configuration tab wasn't working.
- Fixed - Web Server - Web Page wasn't updating automatically and display was wrong position on the following scanners: BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, and BC796D scanners.
- Added - Web Server - Virtual Display knobs rotate by touch on touch screen enabled devices.
- Added - Web Server - HTML5 audio player on web page.
- Changed - UID Logging copy to UID Lookup file will look for a site match if Allow Duplicates option is unchecked.
- Fixed - Web Server - Virtual Scanner on iPhone Web Page was shown over the tables hiding part of the tables.
- Fixed - Logging to History Log.txt file wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Recording file names containing commas wasn't playing back.
- Fixed - BCDx36HP scanners - Logging conventional channels showed Department - Department instead of System - Department.
- Fixed - Mute button wasn't working with the BCD536HP WiFi audio.
- Fixed - Database (DMA) - Dragging channels on the left side tree was changing the grid column order.
- Fixed - Problem introduced in version 8.9 when installing ProScan on another drive except C, all program generated data would write to files on the C drive.
- Fixed - Web Server media player audio would stutter with higher mp3 bitrates.
- Changed - UID Columns in History and UID Logging changed from right justified to left justified.
- Added - UID Lookup file Site Name wildcards * and ?.
- Added - UID Logging - Talk Group ID column.
- Added - Option to turn off checking computer font setting upon program start.
- Added - Custom Specifier "%U2 = UID After Lookup".
- Changed - Custom Specifier "%U = UID" changed to "%U1 = UID Before Lookup".
- Changed - Editing UID Logging After Lookup column disables new rows until after editing.
- Fixed - UID Logging - Copy / Move Selected Rows to UID Lookup wasn't updating the "LOGTEXT=" field with the UID After Lookup column.
- Added - UID Logging grid.
- Added - Audio - Mp3 Bitrates of 56, 64, 80, 96.
- Added - Broadcast Lockout file for the Web Server & Source Client now can specify system for TGID lookup.
- Added - Button to view the application and data folder located in the Test & Extras tab.
- Fixed - BCDx36Hp Virtual Display - PRI wasn't showing when scanner in Priority Scan mode.
- Fixed - Web Server - Safari browser was unable to log in for Remote Control.
- Fixed - When the Virtual Scanner Detached Window was showing and program minimized, the Detached Window was minimizing.
- Monitoring - Memory leak fixed.
- Fixed - Audio - Samples Per Second wasn't saving to config file.
- Fixed - Logging - UID Logging wasn't sorting correctly.
- Added - Source Client - SHOUTcast v2 support multiple streams.
- Monitoring - Memory leak fixed.
- Fixed - Serial Port - Win 10 broke the serial port in some cases.
- Fixed - RSOIP Server - BCD536HP WiFi audio now works with the G729 format.
- Added - Resampling of mp3 audio. Required for streaming to Broadcastify. WiFi audio will resample 8000 -> 22050 Samples Per Second.
- Testing - Memory leak - Recorder and/or RSOIP Client suspect.
- Testing - RSOIP Client stability.
- Testing - UID logging - all scanners supported.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client disconnects should be less frequent now.
- Improved - BCD536HP - Changed Audio Gain 20 dB option to 15 dB.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi audio wasn't automatically reconnecting.
- Fixed - Serial Port Auto Detect could hang program depending on type of serial port driver installed.
- Fixed - XT Series Scanners - UID's logging was truncated to the 7th digit.
- Fixed - Web Server - If the Audio Stream is password protected then the media player wouldn't play unless the URL was entered in the media player.
- Fixed - Source Client not connecting to SHOUTcast servers.
- Added - BCDx36HP scanners - GSI protocol command which allows commas in text tags.
- Added - BCD536HP - Audio Gain 20 dB option. Needed due to the Wi-Fi low audio level.
- Improved - Converted the Manual / Help file to .pdf format.
- Fixed - BCD546HP and BCD436HP - UID Text Tags wasn't working.
- Fixed - P25 Band Plan wasn't downloading from the scanner.
- Fixed - Labels and controls out of alignment.
- Fixed - Program hang when closing due to a combination of factors with the Windows API, serial port, & driver.
- Improved - BCD536HP - Now the audio can be received from multiple BCD536HP WiFi dongles on same computer.
- Fixed - Scanner Only (Detached Window)- Mouse knob wasn't moving the virtual scanner knobs.
- Fixed - BCD536HP - URL Audio stability.
- Added - BCD536HP - WiFi remote control.
- Fixed - Database - Channels may upload to scanner after a Copy & Paste.
- Added - BCD536HP - Input Sound Device URL choice for receiving audio from scanner.
- Improved - DMA Database - Treeview larger and resizable.
- Fixed - RSOIP - Published Servers.
- Fixed - Database - BCD996XT and BCD996P2 Scanners - Record option not showing in General Search Options and Weather / FIPS tabs.
- Fixed - BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 scanner support.
- Added - BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 scanner support.
- Added - Web Server - When serving Folders & Files, the file names are now sorted in alphabetical order within the program. Before, the file names came as is from the OS.
- Fixed - If the detachable window displayed when closing then an error pops up.
- Fixed - UID lookup file wasn't working.
- Fixed - Recorder - RSOIP Client mode not recording if Samples Per Second set at 44100 and Format set at mp3.
- Added - BCD536HP without database.
- Changed - Serial Port changed from the MS .Net Framework type to a custom type.
- Added - View - Scanner Only (Detached Window).
- Fixed - Web Server - Virtual Scanner wasn't rendering correctly on any Web Browsers if ProScan was minimized or behind another window.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP Server - Client Download and Upload broke.
- Added - Serial Port Auto Detects ports and scanners connected.
- Added - Performance graphs located In the Tools menu and the Test tab.
- Fixed - UID logging for the BCD536HP was showing erroneous characters.
- Fixed - Graphics memory leak.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Server wasn't detecting Client lost connections.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client Auto Restart.
- Added - Web Server - Folders & Files now will always serve if password box blank.
- Fixed - Audio Mute button wasn't showing.
- Fixed - Logging - UID column wasn't showing after switching scanner types.
- Fixed - Logging - UID wasn't being detected from the scanner.
- Fixed - BCD536HP Display wasn't aligned correctly when view type set as Scanner Only and Display Only.
- Fixed - DMA Scanners - Direct Frequency input wasn't setting correct modulation type of the frequency band.
- Added - Audio Loopback retain setting when program loads.
- Added - Modulation Format specifier.
- Added - BCD536HP without database.
- Improved - Web Server with log-in levels and improved virtual scanner. Recommend Chrome browser.
- Fixed - Uploading database to scanner speed slowed down in version 6.9.
- Added - Start Up Options - Added options for auto starting the Source Client, Web Server, and Scanner Over IP when program loads.
- Added - Source Client - Broadcastify My Feed button. Click to see your feed details on the Broadcastify web site.
- Improved - Changed the RS-232 Serial Port .Net framework control as it was causing high CPU cycles for a few users.
- Improved - Audio meters changed from peak to RMS average values.
- Fixed - DMA Database - Sort wasn't working if individual system was selected.
- Fixed - Recorder Options - Prepend buffer setting needed ProScan restart to take affect.
- Fixed - Web Server - If a "#" character was in the file name then file wouldn't server.
- Fixed - Intermittent lockups and/or high CPU usage.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series Scanners - Importing LTR systems wasn't importing the frequencies.
- Fixed - Non DMA scanners - Text Tag Line 1 wasn't showing in the History log.
- Fixed - Google Maps - Stopped working.
- Added - BC346XTC scanner support.
- Added - Database - XT Series scanners - HTML & CSV export / print now with a Numeric Tag section.
- Added - Option "Scanner Data To File". Logs all data from scanner to a file.
- Added - Performance graphs showing CPU utilization and memory consumption.
- Improved - Logging & Recorder - Improved grid performance.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client connecting reliability.
- Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client Auto Start reliability.
- Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "New Entries Auto Sort" wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "Logging Grid Auto Delete" was deleting data when computer Region set to other countries date formats.
- Fixed - Non-DMA Database - Sort, Find Duplicates, and Update Text Tags wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed - Check for Updates was producing an error.
- Fixed - CPU Usage was high.
- Added - DMA Database - P25 Band Plan.
- Added - Non-DMA Database - Sort channels, scan, search, and the trunking grids.
- Fixed - DMA Database - Uploading configuration was clearing the trunking channels lockout flag.
- Added - DMA Database - Trunking system selection box for changing the system type.
- Added - Logging - UID Lookup file now can specify system.
- Improved - Database - Find & Replace reworked with more options added. Find & Replace also works with the Logging and Recorder.
- Improved - Database - Find Duplicates reworked with more options added.
- Fixed - Source Client - Current Listeners count.
- Fixed - Fixed - DMA Database - Lockout grids had various problems.
- Added - Web Server - Notch filter for filtering out the 50/60 Hz AC hum or any undesired frequency. The Notch Filter button is located in the Audio Control - Audio tab.
- Added - Database - Now can Paste multiple times without clicking the Copy button every time.
- Added - Database - Sorting function now can sort individual systems and sort at the system, group, or channel levels.
- Added - Database - DMA Scanners - Before uploading data to the scanner, a message will appear if a potential scanner memory limitation issue.
- Added - XT Series Scanners - Option to turn off the C-CH Output when ProScan starts communications with the scanner.
- Changed - Improved the Spectrum Analyzer display and performance.
- Fixed - Recorder - The option "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries" only deleting the grid entries and not the files.
- Fixed - Database - Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste between ProScan instances.
- Fixed - Database - Importing P25 systems/sites from another ProScan database file wasn't setting the system type correctly.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series Scanners - Default Band Coverage wasn't showing all bands.
- Fixed - Database - XT Series P25 Scanners - RadioReference import wasn't showing the option "Import Control Channels Only" for P25 systems.
- Fixed - Database - BCT15X - Close Call Settings VHF High 1 and VHF High 2 wasn't showing.
- Fixed - Fixed - Recorder - When a recording reached the "Maximum Recording Time" option, a new recording wasn't started.
- Fixed - Fixed - Recorder - Remote Scanner Over IP in client mode garbled audio.
- Added - Scanner Over IP Server published servers can include the Country, State / Provice, & County / Region.
- Fixed - Web Server - Non DMA scanners virtual keyboard numeric keys wasn't working on the web page.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP Server not allowing clients to connect in some cases depending on the computer region settings.
- Fixed - Frequency Tune direct entry and band Scope "Tune Scanner To Marker" button was changing the Close Call Settings.
- Added - Web Server - Web Browser Remote Control.
- Added - Web Server - Now any media player can play a password protected audio stream. Click the "Listen Live" link and a password prompt will appear.
- Added - Web Server - Now the stream name can be changed which is part of the URL.
- Changed - Web Server - Improved the appearance of the Web Server pages.
- Fixed - Crash when minimizing to the Notification area.
- A series of test files for improving the Web Server feature.
- Changed - Web Server - Stream name changed to stream to make it compatible with mobile apps.
- Added - Web Server - Web page automatic update interval option. Updates parameter page, current listeners, peak listeners, and client connections(administration page).
- Added - Web Server - User customization of the web server page by editing the style.css file.
- Added - Web Server - Administrator password & administration page. At the moment, only shows the client connections.
- Added - Web Server - Better looking HTTP error messages.
- Fixed - Web Server - Burst buffer was causing some media players not to connect intermittently.
- Fixed - BCT15X - Service Search - Military was missing from the Jump button.
- Added - Web Server - Web page link showing a list of parameters that can be retrived by external programs.
- Added - Web server - Display metadata in RealPlayer using a workaround due to a RealPlayer bug.
- Added - Web Server - Burst buffer for eliminating buffering when media players start to playback.
- Added - SOIP Client - Published servers list save sort order when closing program.
- Changed - Database - Menu items were grayed out when the database was not opened. Now a message to open or create a new database.
- Fixed - Web Server - Only one player could connect at a time.
- Fixed - SOIP Server - Start button may stay grayed out after starting.
- Added - Remote Scanner Over IP Option - Don't Prompt "Clients Connected" Message When Stopping The Scanner Over IP Server.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client & Sever side connection problems that got in during 5.3.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client side memory leak that got in during 5.3.
- A series of test files to fix the Remote Scanner Over IP problems.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - Client side produced an audio lag.
- Added - Remote Scanner Over IP - Client now can record mp3 format.
- Added - Logging - UID now shows the text tag alias. Prepend the TGID name with "%".
- Fixed - Recorder - Prepend buffer produced noise when recording wav format.
- Added - Recording Options - Recording prepend buffer from .5 to 5 seconds insures won't miss the beginning of audio.
- Added - Logging Options - "New Entries Auto Sort".
- Added - Recording Options - "New Entries Auto Sort".
- Added - Startup Options - "Remember Last Sort Order Logging & Recording Grids".
- Changed - Options - Rearranged options in tabs accordingly to catagory.
- Fixed - Recorder - When using a date specifier for the folder, a new recording wasn't created for a new date.
- Fixed - Recorder - When playback a recording and recorder attempts to record to that recording, the recorder would turn off.
- Added - Source Client & Web Server - Broadcast Lock Out Indicator.
- Added - Web Server - Password protect audio stream option.
- Added - Audio Scope - Large size audio scope.
- Added - Audio Scope - Added mode to turn off scopes with a double click.
- Changed - Source Client - Stream to RadioReference now can change the stream name.
- Changed - Source Client - Current listeners wasn't showing with Shoutcast version 2 servers.
- Fixed - Recorder - Option Lookup Record Flag From database wasn't working.
- Added - Google Maps and Lookup with many options. Accessed in the Tools menu or the database Location Lookup.
- Added - FCC Callsign Lookup on the RadioReference site. Accessed in the Tools menu.
- Added - Audio scopes. Double click to change mode.
- Changed - Reworked the tone logging and recordings with an option "Use Tone For Frequency/Tone Matching".
- Changed - Web Server password protect folders and file will now not allow the media player to play streaming audio.
- Fixed - Non DMA Database - Importing tone from history grid to database wasn't working.
- Added - RadioReference Database Import - Nationwide Systems.
- Fixed - Date region setting set to Day/Month/Year would cause an error. Broke in 4.5.
- Added - DMA scanner database sort by frequencies and talk group IDs.
- Added - Logging Options - "Use Tone For Matching And Hits".
- Added - Recorder Options - "Use Tone For Matching".
- Added - Logging and Recorder Options - "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries".
- Added - Recorder VOX Mode - Now shows the frequencies, talk group id's, and text tags.
- Changed - Recorder - File duplicates renamed xyz #1.wav, xyz #2.wav, etc...
- Fixed - Non DMA Scanners - Metadata custom formatter %L1 wasn't working.
- Fixed - Logging - Tone was showing in the next entry.
- Fixed - DMA Scanners - Downloading the database locations info wasn't working.
- Fixed - Clicking on the Caption Icon box in the options would cause an error.
- Fixed - Win 7 64 Bit installing in the " \Program Files (x86)" folder wouldn't load.
- Fixed - Last Call Highlight in the Logging tab disappeared as soon as the scanner resumed scanning.
- Added - Selectable Title / Caption icon.
- Added - Audio control test tab with tone and loopback options for testing.
- Added - Source Client and Web Server many improvements.
- Added - Web Server - Added Client Connections grid showing the connected media players.
- Added - Web Server - Enter in "?" after URL shows various parameters.
- Fixed - RadioReference import broke.
- Fixed - UID wasn't showing correctly in the History log.
- Fixed - BCD396XT and BCD996XT Close Call Settings added VHF High 2.
- Fixed - Non DMA scanners - RadioReference importing LTR TGID's wasn't in correct format.
- Fixed - Remote Scanner Over IP - Published Servers List stopped working because my host disabled a script due to high load on the server.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Trunking Frequencies didn't show the dot in the Treeview.
- Added - More Custom Formatters used with the Custom Caption and the Recording Folders / Filenames.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Downloading configuration bug in 4.4.5.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Treeview performance issues.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Copy & Paste / Drag & Drop database nodes to other ProScan Instances.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Improved the Tree View navigation and keyboard responsiveness.
- Fixed - Database - DMA scanners - Rewrote the ProScan DMA to DMA import routine as there were a few problems.
- Fixed - Recorder - Audio is clipped at the beginning of the recording.
- Fixed - Audio - Memory leak on the audio capture side.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - If the server side computer regional settings date is set to DD/MM/YY format and the "Max Client Connect" days set to other then 1, clients will disconnect.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - HTML Report renamed Export / Print.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Export / Print database systems now includes all parameters.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Export the database to CSV (comma delimited) files.
- Added - Database - DMA scanners - Selection box for changing the site and system (single site scanners) types.
- Added - Added - Startup detect Control Channel Data On and turn off.
- Changed - Logging- Date now shows Month/Day/Year or Day/Month/Year depending on the computer regional settings.
- Fixed - Program may crash if the option "Minimize To The Notification Area" is set.
- Fixed - Scanner Over IP - Number Tag and Jump not working remotely.